It’s that time of year again. Your favorite Maryland lawyer (actually both of us) are heading down the ocean for the MSBA Annual Meeting at the Clarion Resort. While there we plan to heed our own advice regarding avoiding an open container violation. While at the beach, we plan on having a good time on the boardwalk, learning a few new Maryland Lawyer tricks, and enjoying some Hooper’s crabs courtesy of our accounting firm Ellin & Tucker. Here are just a few of the programs we plan on attending:
- ATTORNEY GRIEVANCE COMMISSION V. NOT YOU [aka how not to be disbarred] – which is very imp0rtant to ENlawyers.
- GOING GEEK: IT’S ALL THE RAGE – Obviously we’re into tech, google, and blogging. This 2 hour seminar will break down tech tips, google searching, and other tech tools for lawyers to improve their service for clients.
- THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT: A DISCUSSION OF OBAMA CARE AND OTHER SIGNIFICANT HIGH COURT CASES – always important to keep up with frequent changes in the law.
- DOTTING YOUR I’S, CROSSING YOUR H’S, AND KEEPING YOUR BUSINESS CLIENTS FROM PAYING MILLIONS IN IMMIGRATION-RELATED FINES: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EMPLOYER COMPLIANCE – For our Maryland Small Business clients.
- EYEWITNESS IDENTIFICATION: PITFALLS AND PRACTICE TIPS – for our clients charged with violating Maryland Criminal laws.
- “YOU CAN’T FIRE ME!” CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN WRONGFUL DISCHARGE AND WHISTLEBLOWER CASES – again for our Maryland Small Business clients.
- CUSTODY IN THE 21 ST CENTURY: “REAL HOUSEWIVES” OF POTOMAC, DUNDALK, SALISBURY, AND HAGERSTOWN – only because it is a great name for a program.
The great part of the MSBA convention is that the learning occurs in a relaxed, family friendly atmosphere. While we’ll still be answering our office phones, we’re definitely looking forward to the break.
Maryland Lawyer: It’s all about the kids
The Law Offices of Eldridge and Nachtman was extremely thrilled to be sponsoring Holding the Line‘s benefit dinner scheduled for last Friday at the Havana Club, above Ruth’s Chris Steak House. We discovered this amazing event when we had an opportunity to meet Jason
Murphy, a former Ravens Offensive lineman who was born and raised in Baltimore. He and his wife, Robyne, run the “Holding the Line” charity and use the proceeds to assist underprivileged children attend literacy, mentorship, & youth sports programs throughout Maryland. We are truly honored to help them in their endeavors. Our firm sponsored the celebrity edition of “Square Off”. While we’re glad to have had fun, what’s even better is that we helped a great cause.
Maryland lawyer will not turn our head and cough
Today, our friends at the Quinntessential Gentleman barber shop are hosting a Prostate awareness event. Stop by for a free prostate exam. No, that’s not a joke, and our wives are making us do it. Perhaps it will turn into something a bit more entertaining (or at least prevent cancer).