Traditionally, lawyers have failed to cost-effectively and competently represent small and medium-sized businesses through outside general counsel. The Billable Hour model, in particular, is the primary factor in driving up the cost of legal bills for businesses. Business owners, with important legal questions, fear calling their lawyer, because they will get an absurdly large bill for a 10 minute phone call at the end of the month.Why the Billable Hour model does not work for you:
- Billed for each phone call
- Billed for each letter written on your behalf
- Lawyers working on a problem have no incentive to resolve the situation quickly, because costs are directly tied to how long your lawsuit (or other problem) continues
- Lawyers feel trapped by attempting to meet certain billable hour goals, essentially “padding” bills, knowing full well that bills are enormous and overstated
- You fear unexpected legal costs
- You cannot predict your costs – as a result, you may not seek legal advice when you should
Eldridge and Nachtman, LLC has developed a new model to provide legal services to small and medium sized businesses.
Our new model is founded on several key principles:
- Treat each client as a valued customer
- Conduct litigation and other services with the goal of cost effectiveness for the client
- Build a long-term relationship with each client
We have multiple products available to clients
Outside General Counsel
Big Businesses have in-house lawyers who work their departments (Human Resources, Accounting, and Marketing) to ensure that the business is protected. Outside General Counsel does the same for your small business. Here is what we will do:
- Consultation to review your current legal, regulatory, and administrative compliance
- Develop a plan of action to improve your legal documents and compliance issues
- Provide legal services and bill on a fixed monthly amount, depending on your needs and your budget
Venture Based Billing
If you have a particular litigation or legal problem, we offer our Venture Based Billing program (think a la carte). Here is what we will do:
- Consultation regarding your particular Venture
- Develop a proposal, with fixed-costs, for your Venture
- For litigation situations, fixed-costs will be broken down by phase
- At each phase, we will discuss and evaluate the costs and benefits of any potential settlement, mediation, arbitration or law suit with you
Fixed Cost Startup
If you are trying to start a new business, we can assist you with the process for a simple and flat fee. Here is what we will do:
- Sit down with you and your business partners.
- Review all your potential regulatory and legal issues that may arise during your business consultation.
- Provide you with initial legal guidance as to formation issues as well as long term contract issues.
- Walk you through our “Startup Legal Checklist” and provide you a completed copy at the end of the consultation.
Business Advisory Services
ENLawyers offers an array of business advisory services. Here is what we will do:
- Comprehensive Business Start-up Consultation
- Business Document Review
- Business Document Drafting and Creation